To assist ASU in processing your ECO request in a timely and accurate manner, please read and adhere to the following procedures:
1. Submit the following:
a. ECO Request Form Download
b. High quality photographs of the areas to be modified. Include photos of the instrument panel, overhead, and center console. Do not use a cell phone to take photographs.
c. The aircraft specific ICA Appendices, with the requested changes marked.
i. Note: This can be accomplished by using the “Comment and Markup” tool in Adobe Acrobat, or by writing legibly on the drawings.
2. ASU will contact the person listed on the ECO Request Form with a quotation for parts and ECO.
a. The charge for most ECOs is $850 to cover engineering, drafting, certification, and data updates/distribution.
b. Updates catergorized as Major per ASU's Partnership for Safety Agreement with the FAA will cost $1350 due to the additional scope of work required to revise the MDL plus any travel, labor and/or DAR/DER costs associated.
Upon receipt of this data, ASU will begin the drawing update process. Should the customer request additional configuration changes after this original submission, an additional ECO Charge may be applicable.
1. ASU will update the drawings with the requested changes as soon as possible.
2. ASU will send the customer representative the preliminary updated drawing(s) and the Configuration Acceptance form.
a. The customer checks the drawings, and advises if there are any errors.
b. Once the drawings are correct, the customer signs and returns the Acceptance form.
3. Upon receipt of the Configuration Acceptance form, ASU will complete the ECO and forward data package to the FAA for approval.
4. Upon FAA approval, ASU will distribute the drawing(s) and approved ECO electronically to the appropriate operator personnel.
a. If parts are necessary to complete the update, they will be distributed at this time.
4632 West Aeronca St.
Boise, Idaho 83705
Tel: +1 (208) 426-8117
Fax: +1 (208) 426-8975
Aviation Night Vision
Night Vision Goggles
Night Vision Weapon Sights
Aiming and Illumination
Imaging and Ranging
Service and Training
Return Authorization Request
Engineering Change Order
Alert Service Bulletins
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the latest news on products and services.