MedEvac Foundation International will highlight safety in the air and ground medical and critical care transportation industry during demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at Aviation Specialties Unlimited, 4632 W. Aeronca St. in Boise.
The demonstrations are sponsored by Air St. Luke’s and Aviation Specialties.
The event will include a live vehicle extrication demonstration by the Boise Fire Department and a landing zone demonstration by Air St. Luke’s crew with a Bell 429 operated by Idaho Helicopters Inc.
Schedule of Events
• 10:05 a.m. Introduction
• 10:15 a.m. Boise Fire Department vehicle extrication demo
• 10:25 a.m. Air St. Luke’s landing zone demo
• 10:35 a.m. Question and answer opportunity
• 11:15 a.m. Krista Haugen of the Survivors Network presents a talk on critical incident stress
• 12:30 p.m. Tammye Erdmann of St. Luke’s Health System presents TeamSTEPPS, a program to improve patient safety
• 1:40 p.m. Question and answer period, photo opportunities
Visitors can also learn about Air Idaho Rescue, the Air St. Luke’s REAL simulation team and Aviation Specialties unlimited night vision goggle. Air St. Luke’s will also have membership information and sign-ups.
The Boise Fire Department and the Life Flight Network will also have information booths.